A chemical peel uses acids to loosen dead skin cells and exfoliate them away. The treatment levels are considered light, medium, or deep in relation to skin tissue injury. The process promotes new cell and collagen production.
Chemical peels are an effective way to treat acne and each specific treatment provides exciting options in skin renewal.
For instance, an AlumierMD peel helps those wanting to achieve a more youthful glow. Their products offer anti-aging antioxidants and brightening ingredients.
The AlumierMD skincare line is a great option because their products cater to each person’s unique skin type. Bonus points to the company for not testing on animals and having recyclable packaging— both admirable traits!
When is the right time to receive a chemical peel?
While you can receive a chemical peel at any time of year, seasons can play a big part in the sun’s UVA and UVB levels. Always consider the environment your skin will be in after your treatment.
During the summer months, the sun is stronger and your skin fights the sun’s rays at a higher level. In the fall and winter, it’s easier to avoid the sun and give yourself time to heal. Allowing your skin time to heal is essential, especially if your treatment plan includes multiple sessions.
Here are some helpful tips that you can use before and after your chemical peel to improve your outcome.
What you should do before the treatment
While your skincare specialist will determine certain recovery steps tailored to your unique needs, here are a few tips that AlumierMD recommends for anyone to follow before and after their treatment.
1. Prepare your skin by skipping the tanning bed and staying out of the sun for two weeks before your chemical peel.
2. In the week leading up to your appointment, avoid cosmetic and hair removal treatments that can irritate your skin.
What you should do after the treatment
1. If you are going for a medium to deep level peel, it might be a good idea to ask someone for a ride home if you need help.
2. After a medium to deep chemical peel, use an ice pack to help soothe any redness or swelling. However, do not use direct ice or ice water on your skin after your treatment.
3. Apply sunscreen to protect your skin during its vulnerable state.
4. It is important to avoid picking or pulling at any flaking skin.
5. Do not go swimming for at least two days after your chemical peel.
Your recovery time can vary depending on the level of the chemical peel and your skin, but the final results will be undeniable. Your skin has the potential for greatness locked within and the right chemical peel can help your acne and reveal its beautiful essence.
Visit our website to find out which chemical peel is right for you and book your consultation today.
1. Leung, Maggie. 2018. “How Effective Are Chemical Peels For Acne? – Medical News Bulletin | Health News And Medical Research”. Medical News Bulletin | Health News And Medical Research. https://www.medicalnewsbulletin.com/effective-chemical-peels-acne/.
2. “Alumiermd Brand Story – Alumiermd”. 2018. Alumiermd.Com. https://www.alumiermd.com/BrandStory.
3. “Chemical Peel | Facials | Wilderman Medical Cosmetic Clinic | Thornhill”. 2018. Wilderman Medical Cosmetic Clinic | Vaughan | Thornhill. https://www.medicalcosmeticclinic.ca/superfacial-chemical-peel/#1532621631909-a64618e3-44d8.